Saturday, March 23, 2013

Chocolate, chocolate, everywhere!

Sweet Lord Baby Jesus.

For the past week, I have been traveling on a tour bus with 70 other people.  We went from Waco, to Little Rock, to Nashville, to Atlanta, to Greenville, to Greensboro.

We ate a whooole lot of sh*t including mall food and unhealthy sandwiches. 

I'm not trying to complain and if I'm being honest, I love to eat at a fast food restaurant as much as any other red-blooded human being.  But, in general, I try to stick with whole meals that I prepare at home with foods that have come from the Earth, not the freezer.

And, I often prefer to eat those meals alone.  In my apartment.  In a robe.

Can I just say how happy I am to be back in my sweet little home?!

Anyways!  This morning as I was getting ready for the day, I was searching through my "Eat" board on Pinterest for some meal inspiration and stumbled upon a pin for a dark chocolate blueberry clusters recipe.  You better believe I added this to my grocery list!

If you want the recipe, it can be found here!  

The creator used dark chocolate, pecans, and blueberries.  I decided to use walnuts instead because I liked them more!

To melt chocolate chips, you can either put them in the microwave or in a double boiler.  I don't like microwaving them because it takes too long and you run the risk of burning the chocolate.  Ew!  And I don't have a double boiler.

Not a problem!  You see... I'm a genius... so, instead of doing either... I filled a pot with hot water, turned on the stove to a little less than high, and put the chocolate chips in a pyrex bowl to melt.  Don't forget to stir for smooth consistency!

Exhibit A:


Yeah our stove and the outside of that pot is dirty.

Then, once the chocolate melted I added about a thing and a half of blueberries.  You know... those things they come in at the grocery store with the holes in it.

Here is a picture of the chocolate being almost gone and super melty.

Exhibit B:


Then I lined a cookie sheet with this stuff....

Exhibit C:


And placed spoonfuls of the chocolate covered blueberries on it.

Exhibit D:


Exhibit E:



I had walnuts in a bag; I smashed the bag around for a bit to crush them and sprinkled them on top.  I tried being neat at first but that got hard and tedious so I stopped.

They look delicious!  Currently, they are cooling in the fridge.  I can't wait to eat them!

In case you're worried, it is perfectly acceptable to eat leftover melted chocolate with your fingers.  Or to dip pretzels in it.  That is chocolate on my fingers, not dirt!

Exhibit F:


I enjoyed creating these with a cup of Plantation Mint tea.  My favorite!

Exhibit G:


AND... I got two plants today with my roommate!  I promise not to eat them unless the economy crashes and we run out of of food sources and I'm starving.


Happy eating!

2 comments: