Saturday, March 16, 2013

Single Girl Lunch... with my Roommate and her Boyfriend.

Yep... definitely ate a single girl lunch (dinner, actually) with my roommate and her boyfriend.

How do I get myself into these awkward situations?

In this particular case there is a good explanation!
(And it wasn't awkward at all)...

I am currently sitting on a tour bus and have been for about 6 hours.  Because I am a musician and we go on tours.  

This tour is an 8 days long; we go from Waco, TX to Little Rock, AR, Nashville, Tennessee, Atlanta, GA, Greenville, SC, and Greensboro, NC.  It's intense.

But because of this great intensity, my roommate and I decide to finish just about everything we had in the fridge and freezer!

This was especially epic because we were also on spring break this past week so we basically had no food!!

It was fun.

First, we started off by making a teeny tiny amount of brown rice.  I added soy sauce to mine once cooked.  I could be Chinese by the amount of soy sauce I use on rice!

Then, I made sweet potato fries from 1 sweet potato.  And it heartily fed 3 people!

I started by cutting up the potato in medium to small chunks (wash it first!)


seasoned it with this stuff


(don't ask me how much of what... just throw it all on there until it looks right and mix it with your hands.  If you put too much, then add less next time. Duh!)

and threw it all in a bowl!


Heat the oven to 450 degrees, grease up a pan with some olive oil (I find that heating the pan in the oven while it preheats makes it easier to grease; oil spreads easier), and cook for as long as it takes for them to cook!  I seriously don't know how long, just check on them every once in a while.  And if the oven starts smoking... you left them in for too long.

Next, I cut up 2 carrots (yep... from Dr. Pepper chicken night!)


(I most assuredly ate a ton while cutting...)

And I cut up some extra sharp cheddar (CHEESE)


And set it out for the masses to eat!  Ok mostly Matt and I.  Deb doesn't like sharp cheddar.

Next... meat.  And my brown thumb.


I seasoned up 2 pieces of pork with pretty much the same stuff as the sweet potato plus crushed red pepper and some...


This stuff is so GOOD!  And it tastes delicious on pork!
(No paprika on the pork though!)

I threw some olive oil in a pan and cooked it up!  Again, I don't know how long.  Until it turns brown and cooks?


It was as delicious as it looks.

Lastly, Deb cooked up some Pillsbury crescent rolls stuffed with shredded cheese.  Bread and cheese; you can't go wrong there.


She also diced up a few Roma tomatoes, added pieces of mozzarella (cut up mozzarella sticks... fancy), olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and thyme.  I added salt and pepper to mine as well.


Probably one of the best single girl meals I've had.  And who am I kidding... food is always better with friends!


Happy eating!

<3

2 comments: