Thursday, March 14, 2013

Table for One... Airports.

Ah... Traveling...

Mmmm... Traveling...

TRAVELING!

It's in my top 2 of my "Top 2 Favorite Things To Do" List.

I love traveling.
I. LOVE.TRAVELING.
I. Love it.
I. LOVE. IT.
I love to travel.
I. LOVE. TO. TRAVEL.

:)

One of my loftier life goals is to be a world traveler... to go to as many places in this world as I possibly can.  I just love it!  I love seeing new places, I love going somewhere and walking around randomly and aimlessly.  I love to discover and I love meeting new, odd, and interesting people!

I love it!

And I loooooove to travel alone!  I love being totally uninhibited by another person.  I love the freedom allowed when you travel alone.  I love that if you want to turn left, you turn left.  If you want to eat a baguette from a hole in the wall, you eat a baguette from a hole in the wall.  If you want to keep driving, you just keep driving!

And no, I'm not knocking traveling with friends or a loved one.  I think you should often to take the opportunity to 


because that's just plain fun.

And in fact, I'm looking forward to the day when I meet my lifelong travel partner and I'm all like...

"Hey boo."
And he'll be all like... "Hey girl."
And I'll be like... "You want to go to Paris?"
And he'll be like... "Obvi."
And I'll be like... "Les go."
And he'll be standing at the door with the bags packed because he had the same idea!

But until then, it's just me! 
(And I plan to enjoy that gosh darn it).

So, when you travel alone, you have to be comfortable eating alone.
I obviously am.
You also have to be comfortable spending more money than you should on stupid things like a salad or a bottle of water.
I'm not necessarily thrilled about it but, I do it anyways.  Because I might die tomorrow and if I do, I won't care about how much money I spent on a salad.

Experiences are worth more money than you can imagine!

Like if I died on the airplane I took from Dallas back to Waco last night, it wouldn't matter that I had a date with my flute...


(Seriously, always a good date... And a great travel partner!)

at Chili's Too in the DFW airport where I ate a quesadilla explosion salad...


(great salad!)

And that I took a bite out of a quesadilla before I remembered to take the pictures...


(oops!)

Nope... It wouldn't have mattered one bit!

Because I may have been alone, but when you're alone and you're traveling and you're free, you get the chance to focus on yourself and the beauty that's all around you...


like the beautiful Texas sunsets...
(minus the dirty window!)

or the nighttime view from the top...


So...


And if you're more or less than 22... go anyways!

Happy eating and traveling!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment