Thursday, March 14, 2013

Family Dinner... Spring Break!

So, in lieu of posting about this week's family dinner (because we won't have one!) I shall post about last week's dinner.

Which, I should have posted about last week.  But I didn't.  Because I had 500 concerts, 400 things to practice, 300 rehearsals, and 258 things to pack before heading to Ohio for a few days.*

*data may not be an accurate reflection of reality

At any rate, I shall now take you on the journey of me eating barbecue Dr. Pepper chicken and chocolate Nutella brownies with Nutella buttercream frosting.

First: Wine.

This week, I thought it was time I became a real "home chef."  A home chef = a person who cooks at home and drinks wine while doing so.  I was slightly drunk after 1.5 glasses and got nothing else done that night.  Not advised!

Second: The Process.

This actually began the night before.  I didn't want to wake up suuuuppperrr early so I threw everything in the crock pot ahead of time.

So, I diced an onion.

Cut up some carrots (and ate a ton in between).


Diced about 4 small potatoes (no pic, sorry!).

And threw it all in a crock pot with an entire bottle of barbecue sauce and a can of Dr. Pepper.



Let it sit in the crock pot all day and voila! Dr. Pepper Barbecue chicken!  Recipe comes from John and his family :D


We also had biscuits with burnt bottoms, compliments of the "home chef."

Wait!  I'm not done!  Keep paying attention to me!

We also had DESSERT.  

John baked brownie muffins with Nutella in the center and topped it with Nutella buttercream frosting that he made from scratch.
I watched him make the frosting.
Good heavens.

I'll just post pictures because... there are no words.


Deb was completely stunned.


And Matt could not stop singing and moaning.  It was kind of weird.



I finished mine fast!


Tasty meal with great friends... again!

Happy Eating!

<3

1 comment:

  1. Those cupcakes were AMAZING. I'm pretty sure I got a sugar rush after one bite!

    ReplyDelete