Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Coffee for One

I will post twice today because I have a fun food story for you.

Did you know that Starbucks has a size even smaller than tall? It's called a short.

I don't necessarily love Starbucks coffee. Sorry but I'm not sorry.

I prefer Trader Joe's French or Bali Blue Moon roasts or even the Einstein Brother's roasts. But, alas, Starbucks is closest to the music building (a.k.a. my second home on campus).

I was jonesin' for some coffee this afternoon so I headed over to the library, where Starbucks is located.

Hmm... "I thought to myself. I really want coffee but I also need water. But the Ethos water at Starbucks is expensive, albeit being delicious and having a rather thick bottle that I can refill a few times." -inner monologue
 (Yeah, yeah, yeah I know that's supposedly bad for you, to refill plastic water bottles. Whatever. I'll do it anyways.) -inner monologue within the inner monologue

"I wonder if I can get one of those tiny cups that Pablo had the other day but... for coffee... the ones for double espressos...."

Barista: "Hi what can I get for you?"

Inner Monologue - Re: the Barista
Woah... her eye is really red. I wonder if she's sick. Thank goodness she's not making the drin-

Me: "Hi... um... just um this. Water. And uhh can... ::clear throat:: can I uhh get ...you have a size smaller than tall, right?"


(i got the water!)

Barista: "We have the short size."

Inner Monologue - Re: the Barista's tone
I wonder if her tone has to be short because she's telling me about the short. Man these people can be so rud-

Me: "Oh um yeah cool. Can I uhmmm uh get that in a coffee? Like... just like a Pike?"

Barista: "Yeah!"

Inner Monologue - Re: the Barista's pep
Oh maybe she isn't rude. She seems sad. Maybe she's like older and sad because she maybe has kids but wor-

Me: "Ok, that'd be great. Yeah thanks. How much is it?"

And that was how I ordered a short coffee at Starbucks. I enjoyed it toute seule ("all alone" for you non-French speakers) whilst sitting next to a sunny window in the library.



1 comment: