Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Table for Four

Ok. Like I keep saying, I eat alone a lot.  But sometimes, I have the awesome privilege of eating with friends that I love!

My roommate Deborah and I have a tradition called "family dinners" with her boyfriend Matt and our friend John.  It's a long standing, integral component of the Deborah/Darbi roommate curriculum.

Not really; this is only our second week.

But it's really fun!

The point is that we make dinner and eat it at the table, like a family.  It all started one day last week when someone suggested the four of us eat dinner together the following night.  Don't assume it was me just because I love to eat.  Although, it's safe to assume that it was me because I'm always thinking of food.

So, Matt piped up, "I have frozen lasagna!"  And Deborah was all, "Oooooh I can roast vegetables!"  And I said, "John... you can make cookies!!"  

That's riiiiight...  I came up with the cookie idea!!!
-_-

Anyways...

Here was the start of the night:

Yes, matching outfits. 100% planned.  That's roomie love, yo.
(I just wanted an excuse to post a cute picture of my roomie and I.  Sorry, but I'm 100% not sorry.)

So the menu:

Arizona Diet Green Tea with Ginseng (magically delicious)
Chicken, cream of mushroom soup, and potatoes in the crock pot (no name. original creation by Deb!)
Brown rice (keepin' it healthy, dawg)
Frozen corn, zucchini, and broccoli roasted in the oven with varied spices (Italian herb seasoning, garlic salt, olive oil spray, crushed red pepper, and black pepper) prepared by me!


My plate!
(Look how pretty the actually plate is.  I unashamedly stole these from my mother). 

I realize this looks slimy.  Probably because the potatoes cooked all the way down and turned into starch. BUT. It. Was. So. Good!!

And yes, all was happily washed down by oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I think I ate 2.  I'm absolutely lying.  

I ate 6!

3 comments:

  1. I really want to comment on this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooo it worked! Pictures of me on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I love this and I love you! Drew and I need to be a part of family dinner sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete