Thursday, February 28, 2013

Table for... Five?

Apparently, I don't eat alone that often.

But I tend to exaggerate everything and say things like "I'm always eating alone because I'm just always alone.  It's just what I do, always, all the time, I never ever ever deviate from this norm."  And then for the next 6 days of the week, I have the social life of Obama.

Anyways.

(I wonder how active Obama's social life could possibly be in reality.  I mean, being the "token black guy president dude" probably gets old).

Sooooooo. 

Chuy's is a TexMex restaurant, specializing in fake Mexican food.  Hence, TexMex.  I have to clarify that because I'm from Florida and only since coming to Texas have I learned about true TexMex.

In general, I try to remain in the realm of healthy meals with a "godly" amount of calories in them.  But tonight.... 

I ate a ridiculous amount of white flour tortilla chips

beans, ground beef, queso, salsa, and jalapeno ranch dip 
(I unfortunately did not get to eat Paige's hand; it probably tastes like flute)

Aaaannndddd I drank two purple margaritas.
My purple, prickly, pomegranate, pear, pretty, parcel of alcohol is on the left. 
Paige drank a mango swirl margarita (back), and John had a strawberry margarita.
Colors!

One of the best parts of the meal was the free guacamole (devoured and thus not pictured), sour cream, cheese, tortillas, and salsa given to us by Catharine, who is watching her weight (she's smarter than we were tonight)!  And I cannot fail to mention that we were also joined by the lovely Alison!  Although nothing she ate or drank is pictured here. Not sure if that makes me a bad photographer or a bad blogger. Or just bad.  Or just dumb.  Or lazy?  Insensitive to my surroundings... ?

Look food!  

Laughs were had and memories made... the absolute best part of the night!

4 comments:

  1. "I unfortunately did not get to eat Paige's hand; it probably tastes like flute"

    AH I DIED laughing. You're the freakin best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, stopping by from Paige's blog! I'm totally craving TexMex now, but all I have for lunch is healthy choice soup! So not the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nominating you for a new blogger award ;) Check out my latest post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Rachael! thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you were healthy, though! :)

    ReplyDelete