Saturday, March 2, 2013

I have absolutely no concept of reality.

Well, the title of this post says it all.

I literally have no concept of reality. 

Am I even really sitting on my sheetless bed, braless, in sweat pants and a UF t-shirt, listening to Iron & Wine on Spotify, typing a blog post right now?

Or am I actually on the ferris wheel outside of the Jardin des Tuileries in Paris, licking fresh crepe crumbs off the mouth of Gaspard Ulliel???

Yeah, no, I'm definitely sitting on a sheetless bed mattress that's just on the floor of my room because I'm too poor/lazy to get an actual bed frame.

My point is that this morning, I ate yet another meal with friends!!  I never eat alone!!

In addition to family dinner, Deborah, John, Matt and I have been eating breakfast together on Saturday mornings.  It's so much fun.

This was our second Saturday doing so.  Last week we had eggs, bacon, and nutella stuffed chocolate chip muffins (John!!).

This week we upped our game a bit.  I fixed 6 scrambled eggs, with 2 slices of American cheese (which, I normally loathe but it was left by our roommate who moved back to China a few weeks ago so I had to use it up), a diced green pepper, and bacon (that I crumbled into bits)!

Hmmmmmmmmm... It was so good!  I also added a few dashes of black pepper.  Tasty!

We had biscuits prepared by Baker John (his new name, according to Matt).

Ridiculously delicious.  Fluffy, moist, and perfect with some butter & jam taken from the table tops at Cracker Barrel!

The wonderful Deborah also made very delicious, fresh, rather potato-ey tasting hash browns (on the right).  They really are better home made!

Lastly, I came up with an interesting little treat.  I was feeling a little nauseous this morning (don't worry, I still ate) but to soothe my stomach a bit, I opted for cold Arizona green tea instead of coffee.  Unfortunately, we didn't have any ice cubes but I had frozen strawberries in the freezer... much better than ice cubes!

The taste was sweet and fresh.  I imagine it would be splendid on a hot summer day!

The group at Panera... after all that wonderful breakfast, we got some mad studying done! Go us!

No comments:

Post a Comment