Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Single Girl Lunch

So, for any person who has been single for longer than the 6 months it took to go from one boyfriend to the next...

Or longer than the first semester of college until you started dating that Pi Kappa Phi/Sinfonia/trumpet/KKPsi/saxophone/tuba/oboe/any instrument/any fraternity/pre-med/biology/health sciences/any major guy/girl...

You will understand this post.

Sorry, all you dating/married people who enjoy lunches with your significant other/husband (because I know that you get to do that every day, all the time), but you may not understand this post.  Because single life rules.  You can eat random weird things without anyone breathing down your neck, expecting you to fix them a proper meal.  

But, if you have never been single for that long, or are dating/married to any of the above, you'll still understand this post.  Because it's about food. 

And don't worry, the only thing you may no longer relate to when it comes to being single are all the awkward make out sessions.

But that has nothing to do with this post.

I digress! 

Today, I had single girl (woman/boy/man/person) lunch.  I just made up that term while eating lunch today... do you like it?  It's like ridiculously clever because I'm single and a girl but I guess a woman and also it applies for boys/and for men/and for people in general who are single/married/dating/gay/straight/lesbian/bi/transgender.

It's just a term I made up!

Anyways, so single girl lunch...
(single GRL lunch?)

 ... single girl lunch is where you eat random items that make no sense together but yet each item is delicious and you feel like you're creating a wonderful meal for yourself in the middle of the day when you're alone in your apartment and your friends are in class or hundreds of miles away and your roommate is nowhere to be found (probably practicing, like you should be).

So you eat/drink things like...

mango berry açai already-sweetened tea
(Celestial Seasoning's brand and not my favorite thing in the world)

cheese (sharp cheddar)

with...

blackberries (but not at the same time)


and leftover crock pot family dinner (more on that later...)


and the same d*mn (sorry, mom) vegetables that you've been eating since last week!

but yet, you feel wonderfully satisfied because i mean... come on... you ate CHEESE.

Single girl lunch has nothing to do with the fact that I'm single.  It's just about the fact that I ate lunch alone today..............

I think I was just using that as an excuse to say that I'm single.  A lot of times in one post.  So now it seems like I'm sad about being single even though I'm not.  Because I'm all like...

And then I feel empowered because like...

But then I'm also like... one day I won't be single and it'll be cool because I'll call my guy and be like...

And now I'm just rambling about nothing that relates to food!

See my next post for this week's family dinner.  Good stuff ahead!

Happy eating!

<3

1 comment: